Clan TDG

Official board of the TDG Clan.

By Operativ
Posts Custom Custom Avatar
Hello, everyone – in this guide I will try to offer as many latency-improving solutions as I can with basic steps on how to achieve a good ping in the Internet. I will try to keep everything fairly short, but detailed.

First off, I disallow any copying of this guide without my permission in this topic (asking me first would be nice...), secondly - I take no responsibility for any bad execution of the steps below - hence the warning for a regedit backup.

BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY OF THESE, DO A BACKUP OF YOUR REGISTRY. (various guides on how to do that can be found on the Internet)

Step 1 – Disable Nagle Algorithm

Fire up the search box and type 'regedit'. Run it as administrator.
From the list of the current keys, expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and go straight for SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters \Interfaces.
Now the real thing starts in this subkey, as you can see – there are quite a few NIC interfaces in there, in theory – you should do this only for the key with your DhcpIPAddress, but in practice – you can add the values into every key in here, to ensure every internet profile uses this parameter.
Now what to do? Right click on an empty place, while having one of these interfaces selected and click „New” to add two DWORD values.
The values are: TCPAckFrequency and TCPNoDelayTHESE ARE CASE SENSITIVE! Once you add both of them, double-click them to modify them, and change their value data to „1”. Once done, you may close the registry editor and restart your computer for the changes to apply.

Step 2 – Windows tweaks in the command prompt

Now these require you to write a thing or two in the command prompt, so to start with – run an elevated cmd.exe (run it as administrator) and type:

netsh int tcp show global

Once you do that, information about your current tcp interface settings should show up – this is where we will start our work. What you want to do is enable Chimney Offload State first, which transfers various network connection tasks from your CPU to network adapter. I have no idea why this is off by default in most of systems, but it's a very good setting to have it on. Type:

netsh int tcp set global chimney=enabled /// if it causes trouble to you, set it to „disabled”

After doing that, don't reboot just yet! Next, type:

netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp /// if you want to turn it off, set the value to „none” instead of „ctcp”

NOTE: if the above command does not work, close "cmd.exe" and then search for "PowerShell" then right-click it and open it as administrator. The alternative command is:
Set-NetTCPSetting -SettingName InternetCustom -CongestionProvider CTCP

This setting switches from a regular network connection into Compound TCP, making your TCP window size more efficient, possibly improving your internet performance. Reboot now.

Step 3 – Regedit, even more tweaks, oh my!

We aren't finished just yet! Fire up that regedit again, soldier! Head off to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters
When you arrive here, add a new DWORD called DisableBandwidthThrottling – and once you've done that, make it a decimal value of 1.
Now what this setting really does is in fact uncapping your bandwidth limits - your download and upload speed should rise up by a lot, if done correctly.

While you're there, go to nearby key located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\LanmanServer\Parameters add the following DWORD:

IRPStackSize

And change it's value to hexadecimal 32 (should show up as 50). Voila!
For those curious about this setting - it modifies the Input/Output Request Packet Stack Size, basically it sets how many 36-byte receive buffers your PC can use at once.

DON'T FORGET TO REBOOT YOUR PC AFTER ALL OF THAT FOR THE CHANGES TO TAKE EFFECT.
That is all for now, once I recall any vital piece of information to further improve your latency, I shall add it here. For now – enjoy your much lower ping.
Clan Structure

An officer needs to be properly skilled (whether b[…]

Tury Inicjatywa Inicjatywa określa kolejno[…]

[Frakcja] Krwawa Ręka

Xonel czy Lenox, licz czy elficki wielki nekromant[…]

Conqueror's Blade guide

Weapons, uses, and armor Shortsword and Shie[…]